Thursday, February 12, 2009

Mobile Learning Conference 2009



I'm looking forward to attending the Mobile Learning Conference in DC next week. They've got some interesting speakers lined up including:

Marc Prensky
Founder and CEO, Games2Train
If you haven't read his book, "Don't bother me mom, I'm learning" you should! Quite a thought provoking and entertaining read.

Dr. Elliot Soloway
Professor, University of Michigan (I've used his name several times in the papers I wrote in graduate school so I think it'll be cool to finally meet him - yes, I'm a geek!)

Alec Ross
Former member of the Obama Technology, Innovation and Government Reform Team (he'll be giving the lunch key note speech)

I'll be twittering from there and I'll do my best to update my blog with some good tidbits of information.

I'm particularly interested in seeing if there are any solutions involving Flash based content on hand held devices as well as what mobile learning can mean for developing countries like Sri Lanka. This is a completely new field for me so I'm sure I'll learn a lot and meet some cool people.

No comments: